Friday, June 03, 2005

In transit

Summer is here - when you look at the calendar that is - because temperatures stay low, rain is a much too frequent visitor and evenings still require coats. But June it is, and as one normally should start planning for the beach-season, barbeques (outdoors) and chilled rosé or white wine on the terraces, we still prefer staying inside watching Jack Bauer, Gabrielle, Susan & Co. on the box.

I am moving house - or Ina and I are moving house. Our flat is (probably) 90% ready by now, and the actual date for moving-in is 6th July 2005. My budget is going to be tighter than it has been the last period, but I am so looking forward to getting the final arrangements in place. Kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, living-room, loft will be the subjects of my attention in the coming period. So I am in transit, about to become slave of bills, mortgage-payments, rent and such... and still I am looking forward to it.

Summer it is then, new flat, Ina is coming to Norway on vacation - we are going to Ile de Ré together as summers before. French food, the company of Cécile and Hok, the beach at La Couarde-sûr-Mer, bicycling along the paths of the island: French vacation with family, what better way to have a summer holiday...?

Anyway, first another month working, then moving in to new flat, meeting Ina at the airport... I do think this summer will be mighty fine, despite the hesitating temperature-rise in the Norwegian summer.

No comments: