Sunday, November 16, 2008

The iPod Shuffle Game











The Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet has picked up on a new "game" presented in the English magazine The Word by David Hepworth. Randomize! Set your mp3-player to shuffle, and see which five songs it picks out for you.

It’s labled the game "everyone-but-cheats-can-play", so it’s all about honour I guess. Wouldn’t want it any other way... me? – I cheated...! (only a little bit of course), but I think the majority of people cheat (and especially online), here’s my list with the first five songs from shuffling my iPod:
In that order; and I just cheated to avoid Abba. I do listen to Abba occasionally, but they are everywhere these days, so I wouldn’t want to support that. Everyone ought to forgive me for that! (And Nick Cave is really a rather good replacement for the Swedish kings (and queens) of pop.)

Here’s the list from iTunes on my Mac today though (I’ll try not to cheat this time, but I can’t promise anything):
(I didn’t cheat...)
Now go see what others have shuffled here at The Word, and here at that Norwegian so-called-newspaper – cause they do present news, though with a rather lame selection of important stuff, but with a stronger emphasis on celebrity-gossip, sports and such. I can live with that. I can always go elsewhere to get information.


No comments: